A Message to our Customers and Suppliers Regarding Coronavirus
TopBuild Customers & Suppliers,
We are writing to update you on how TopBuild is proactively responding to the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID -19). Our action plan applies to all TopBuild operations including our TruTeam, Service Partners, and TopBuild Home Services teams.
Shortly after the COVID-19 outbreak occurred in China, we immediately reviewed and began implementing provisions of our established Response Plan, which is a part of our Business Continuity Plan. The Response Plan outlines specific steps TopBuild will take to safeguard employees’ health and well-being while ensuring the Company’s ability to maintain essential operations and continue to provide essential services to our customers and with our suppliers.
Our Crisis Management Team is addressing active and ongoing disease surveillance, workforce protection and management, jobsite safety, supply chain management and risks, travel and facility access restrictions, and suggested quarantine measures. More specifically:
- We are engaged in active and ongoing monitoring, specifically: disease progression, employee health, supplier and supply chain risks, and prevention and containment.
- We have communicated best practices for protecting employee health. Employees who are sick are told to stay home.
- We have implemented employee travel restrictions and anyone who has traveled through any restricted countries may not enter a Company facility for 14 days.
- We have cancelled larger Company events and limited on-site meetings.
- We are requiring the use of remote video meetings for ongoing interactions between our offices, and for most customer and business partner meetings.
- We have provided guidance to our branches on business continuity planning as well as hygiene, safety and protection from the Coronavirus.
The senior management team and Board of Directors of TopBuild take the COVID-19 threat seriously and we are taking all reasonable measures to prepare for and mitigate the risk of COVID-19 to our team members, our customers, our suppliers and our business. We will provide additional updates as the situation warrants. Thank you for your continued partnership with TopBuild. We wish good health and safety to all our business partners, their employees and their families.
Released March 19, 2020